Finally a lie in

I don’t need an alarm clock anymore, and haven’t done for nearly nine months now. I’m woken up by my lovely little boy (screaming) who is most definitely an early bird. For the last couple of months he has woken up by 6am, and regularly wakes for the day between 4 and 5.30am.

Every morning I pray for a miracle that he goes back to sleep, but sure enough, every morning this doesn’t happen and I give in and we start our day. So why am I sat here at 7.45am this morning, debating whether to go in and check on him (which will in turn wake him up), as he surely can’t still be sleeping?! Can he?

This has made me chuckle to myself. I don’t want him to wake too early, but if he doesn’t wake up I get concerned! My poor baby can’t win! As parents we are never happy! So and so’s baby is always sleeping better or longer or happier or bigger or crawling or not crawling.. You get the jist. Anyway for now I’m just going to enjoy lying in bed doing absolutely NOTHING, as it’s been awhile..

Advertisements

9 Comments Add yours

1. Soph says:

That crib and room is sooo gorgeous and calming! Hope you get some sleep soon 🙂

1. itsamumsword says:

Ah thank you, fingers crossed me too!!

Liked by 1 person

2. this made me smile, the same thing has been happening since our son was born too. “why isn’t he awake yet?” on those magical days when he sleeps longer 🙂

1. itsamumsword says:

I have been known to go in and wake my baby up 😂😂😂

Liked by 1 person

3. mummymoose says:

I do the same…i wake my hubby in the night to tell him that bubba hasnt woken yet lol IT unnerves me lol

1. itsamumsword says:

That sounds like something I would do!! I also wake every hour to check the time as I’m constantly thinking he’s going to wake.. What are we like 😂😂

1. mummymoose says:

Yeep snap.. And i take ages to go to sleep cuz i am convinced she will wake any minute so don’t want to fall asleep in case lol

2. itsamumsword says:

Loll this is me!!! Like even know I’m so tired really want to sleep but just waiting for him to get up first and have his first night feed which may never happen lol

3. mummymoose says:

Haha liteeeerally living the same life 😜